It’s that time, witches!
I tested a potion that satisfies any sorcerer’s needs. All from nature, no food coloring or candy corn required. Also, put the pumpkin down. Live a little.. We’re not basic witches.
I found a cocktail recipe inspired by a certain person, who shall not be named. Dark as the raven who stalks your street and unforgivingly tart. This witches’ brew will satisfy any trick or treater’s keeper. I present to you, Voldemort’s Dark Serum
We start this concoction with one of nature’s most desirable juices, pomegranate. This will spark even the darkest of villain’s curiosity. Sage to soften any hint of poison and a touch of maple syrup to sweeten anyone’s bitter tooth. You may pick your poison, but it must come from the Aztec gods. Smokey with Mezcal or undetectable with a Blanco. Choose your goblet wisely. Find a goblet at one of our local shops; otherwise, the great beyond of Amazon can supply you with any style of vessel. Choose the best one that can hold your largest ice cube and will appeal to your “victims.” I, personally, enjoy a spooky highball glass with some deathly elements. Top it off with some spicy ginger beer and magical smoke (dry ice). Serve wisely.
Voldemort’s Dark Serum
recipe and photo from Half Baked Harvest
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 – 2 ounces silver tequila or Mezcal
- 1/2 ounce Chambord (raspberry liquor)
- 1 dash orange bitters
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons pure maple syrup use more or less to taste
- 2 fresh sage leaves, plus more for serving
- ginger beer, for topping
- Combine the pomegranate juice, tequila, Chambord, orange bitters, lemon juice, maple syrup, and sage in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake to combine. Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice. Top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with fresh sage. If desired, light on fire for a smoky effect.