Bar None: Spicy Pom
If you’re a regular reader, you’re aware of my love for tequila and Mezcal.
Cinco de Mayo is around the corner and it wouldn’t be kind of me to keep this cocktail recipe to myself.
A dear friend of mine recently enjoyed the tasting menu at a restaurant called Beckon, in downtown Denver. She raved about their unique dishes and zero-proof drink menu. She was on the hunt to recreate a beverage she had enjoyed all night throughout her courses. Together we were able to recreate this refreshingly savory beverage. Alcohol is optional!
First, you’ll need to create your honey syrup. Unfortunately, simply pouring the honey into the cocktail won’t work to achieve the desired flavor.
- 1/2 cup honey (adjust to taste). I recommend Bee’s Knees Spicy Honey. A bottle can be ordered on amazon
- 1/2 cup water
- Add the honey and water into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until the honey is dissolved.
- Allow to cool and transfer to an airtight container. Syrup will keep, refrigerated, for up to 1 month.
- 2 oz of POM 100% pomegranate juice
- ½ oz of your honey syrup
- ½ of a fresh lime
- 1 small bottle of Fever Tree Ginger Beer
- 1 ½ oz of Blanco Tequila of your choice
- In a shaker, add a scoop of ice, lime juice squeezed from half a lime, and pomegranate juice.
- Give a quick shake to cool your juices.
- Add your tequila and honey syrup and give a good, solid shake.
- Pour into a highball glass with fresh ice and top it off with your Fever Tree ginger beer.
- Garnish with a slice of lime to float at the top.