Mix up some love for your mama
Let’s get our hard working Mamas off their feet with a cocktail in hand.
I have a cocktail recipe from William Sonoma Taste that’s sure to impress and refresh.
Rosé Pisco Sour
A pure delight to enjoy during an abnormally hot spring day. Perfect to put your mom in the Mother’s Day mood after a long brunch with the inlaws.
Herbal aromatics with a soft pink hue and an off-dry sweetness to finish.
Perfect to serve in any cocktail or wide wine glass. Garnish with a flower from the bouquet you purchased, or a thin lemon slice.
Just in case you don’t recall my directions for a pisco sour, here’s a recap.
- In a cocktail shaker, add one egg white, fresh lime juice, simple syrup, pisco and lots of ice.
- Shake vigorously to create the fresh foam. Once you’ve shaken, strain gently, pouring into your glass. Slowly pour in your rosé. A soft Gamay Noir rosé would be perfect for any wine lover.
- Add a few dashes of your choice of bitters; orange blossom bitters would be best. Add garnish and serve.
- 1 3/4 (50 ml) Pisco
- 1oz of your choice of Rosé – suggestions are Maison L’Envoye Rosé or Josh Rosé
- 3/4 oz (20 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 oz simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- Full glass of crushed ice
- Orange blossom bitters, or bitters of choice