Benicia Parks & Community Services Department Superintendent Ann Dunleavy Wants to Create Memories for Kids
Ann Dunleavy, Benicia’s Parks and Community Services Superintendent, talks about her passion for finding and maintaining fun programs for community members of all ages.
A slew of parties, including a costumed one, were held Halloween Weekend for Benicia High School belles, which, from a historic photo courtesy of Benicia Historical Museum along with other information, included games and dancing.
Gina Eleccion talks about her passion for working for the City of Benicia for the past 15 years. Working in various city departments, since June Gina has been working full time for the Fire Department on hazard mitigation and emergency operations plans.
The Benicia Fire Dept. annual open house raises awareness for fire safety while providing entertainment for children, along with tours, helicopter rescue demonstrations and the Benicia Police Dept. K-9 unit.
Benicia’s annual Halloween extravaganzas provide a month of fun with events for people of all ages. These include the 7th annual Trunk or Treat, Ghost Walks, Zombie Brew Crawl, Haunted Open House and more.
About This Blog
Gene Doherty, local sustainability activist, is a member of several committees and commissions. His finger is on the pulse of what’s happening locally. This blog will focus on sustainability matters of all types as well as green living. Watch for tips on how to reduce your carbon footprint, what’s happening at the City level, how private businesses are doing their part, news from Benicia’s Sustainability Commission and more.
- October 2014
- December 2012
- October 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- January 2012
- October 2011
- September 2011
- April 2011
- August 2010
- Benicia Parks & Community Services Department Superintendent Ann Dunleavy Wants to Create Memories for Kids | Comments
- A Bevy Of 1924 Beauties Celebrate A Benicia Halloween | Comments
- Originally from Queens, Gina Eleccion brought talent and experience to the City of Benicia | Comments
- Benicia Fire Department Annual Open House Entertains Kids & Educates Adults | Comments
- Halloween’s History & Lore Enhance a Month of Benicia Halloween Fun | Comments
- 2016 Benicia Oktoberfest to be held at the Clock Tower Oct. 1 | Comments
- Eleven Remaining Mothball Fleet Ships On Active Duty | Comments
- Solano’s Best Kept Secret is its Symphony Orchestra | Comments
- Bringing Joy to Senior Citizens and the Homeless with the Gift of Song | Comments
- Gary Passama, NorthBay's President and CEO, to Pass the Torch in 2017 | Comments